||Placement & Training
Home, Team PTC, Activities, Statistics, Contacts, Citations
FISAT IEEE Student Chapter
IEEE is the worlds largest professional association and is the trusted voice for engineering, computing and technology information around the globe. IEEE inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, technology standards, professional and educational activities.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers took its roots at FISAT in November 2003. It was initiated by Shri S Gopakumar, the Students Activities Chairman and IEEE GOLD MEMBER Shri Vargheese Cherian. Various programmes are conducted at the FISAT campus by the IEEE Student Branch, which includes Tech Talk, Management Sessions. . Now there are around890 members in this chapter. This chapter has been rated amoung the top 5 active student branches in Kerala section. Three of our students bagged IEEE recognition as outstanding student volunteer for 2004. The chapter organizes intercollegiate technical programs NAUTILUS - THE PRAYANA every year. This chapter won the Best Student Chapter Kerala Section Award for the year 2007 and outstanding leadership award from IEEE, USA.
Staff-in-Charge : Mr. Praveen V, Assistant Professor, EIE Dept.
- Vishakha Khona serves as the Hub SR for the year 2013.
- Vishakha Khona is representing Kerala Section for the Working Committee at WIC IEEE computer Society, India Council.
- Anjali Hariharan got selected into the technical committee of Women In Computing, IEEE Computer Society, India Council.
- Emil Jose,Malavika Menon and Lia Chacko participated in 4th international conference on intelligent system modellng and simulation held at Bangkok on January 29th,30th and 31st 2013.
- Hosted AKSC-IndustryUs12 and WIE Forum for the year 2012 for which a participation of 350 students from 37 colleges were reported.
Ms. Neethu T P and Ms. Sera Selvin participated in the R10 SC 2011 at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Ms. Sera Selvin, Mr. Parameswaran S, Mr. T M Augustine adorned the posts of WIE Representative, Technical wing Head and Asst. Hub driver in Hub 3 during 2011-2012 execom.
Ms. Neethu T P was elected as a Link Volunteer Pool member in the year 2011.
- Student branch with largest strength of the year 2010.
- Ms. Chithira Swaminathan won the Best WIE Volunteer Award for the year 2010 in Kerala Section.
- Mr. Praveen V, the branch counselor of FISAT SB served as the HUB 3 Branch Counselor in the year 2010-2011.
- Mr. Manu John hold the post of LINK treasurer in the year 2010.
- Srjanaa 2010- 1st Hub2 and Hub3 WIE meet of Kerala section which witnessed a participation of around 18 colleges.
- Gnistra’10 – WIE FORUM 2010 was hosted in which 150 students from 21 colleges participated.
- Nautilus2k10 – the 2nd edition of techfest saw a huge participation from colleges in South India.
- Mr. Jugunu George elected as LINK student representative (LINK Secretary).
- Mr.Pankaj Seth and Mr. Mahesh Chandran won the Outstanding Student Award.
Achievements - 2005
- IEEE student branch FISAT was rated as MOST VIBRANT in SACs report during AGM.
- Certificate of recognition of meritorious volunteerism awarded to
Mr.Visan Koshy Varghese .
Mr.Sumod Mohan K.
Mr.Harikrishnan Uat AGM, Kerala section,January 2005.
- Mr. Visan Koshy got the R10 Outstanding student volunteer award of IEEE Kerala Section.
- IEEE student branch FISAT identifies itself as a member of LINK
- Mr.Harikrishnan U representative of FISAT to LINK, Treasurer of LINK.
- Idea of Mentors of Kerala by Mr.Visan Koshy
- By the end of 2005, membership grew upto 150.
- Mr. Visan Koshy of FISAT was a student coordinator of TRENDS-2004,a seminar on new trends in computing organised by IEEE Kerala section and CSI, COCHIN on 24th July at Ernakulam.
- Mr. Visan Koshy attended IEEE R10 Student Congress at Hong Kong.
He got the Outstanding student volunteer award of IEEE Kerala Section in 2004.
- Mr.Sumod Mohan.K of FISAT created the first web page of IEEE. Student Branch. He won the IEEE Kerala Section Outstanding Student Volunteer Award 2004 He was awarded IEEE Outstanding Volunteer Award 2004.
4 Recipient of Best Project Award 2004.
- WIE affinity group was established in December 2004 At the end of 2004,
Membership grew up to 92.